Now that autumn is just around the corner, it’s time to think about getting our homes ready for the colder days and longer nights. But it’s not just about the practicalities; your décor should also reflect the change in season. We’ve put together some tips to help you get a harvest-inspired Home.
- Pick a few autumn coloured homeware pieces. The colours to go for are the ones that will also be displayed in nature at this time of year: gold, browns and purples. You can find autumn-inspired homeware in so many home stores. One great place to look is the Authentic Tradition style range at H&M Home, with plenty of Navajo-style prints to give your home a rural feel.
- The rustic look for furniture is also perfect for an autumn home. The best way to get this is to pick up some cheap second-hand furniture from an antique store or a vintage sale, and give it a lick of paint. The more slapdash, the better, as it will contribute towards the overall worn appearance.
- The way your home smells is important for setting the tone. Try finding some soap or room sprays in cinnamon or apple scents, as these smells create a cosy environment and remind visitors of autumn.
- Instead of filling your vases with bouquets of flowers, instead try using twigs, dried berries and flowers. They’ll help to bring in some colour, as well as reflecting the changes in weather and season.
- Candles are central to your autumn home, as they can help to light up the colder nights, and bring a sense of warmth and cosiness into your rooms.