Half of women don't trust their hubby's DIY skills and would much rather just do it themselves.
A survey has revealed that 45% of women can't stand the nerves when their partner attempts any sort of handiwork in the home.
Whether they're worried about disastrous mistakes or raging rows, 72% of women said they felt more confident doing simple jobs, like hanging a picture, themselves.
The research by the Command Brand from 3M found that DIY proves to be a bitter subject in the home. One in five women don't trust their partner to complete simple tasks, whilst a third of them say it's an issue of quality assurance, with many couples disagreeing over the question of what looks good.
The study found that whilst a quarter of women said their hubby actually knew his screwdriver from his spirit level and how to use it, they had problems with him finishing a job once started.
'The research shows it can be all too easy to underestimate the skill involved in certain DIY tasks.'
In this battle of the sexes one in five men have have also admitted some handyman home truths, with one in five having tried to hide a bodged job from their wives.
A spokesman from the company explained our DIY misunderstandings: 'The research shows it can be all too easy to underestimate the skill involved in certain DIY tasks and the difficulty with using particular tools.'
Underestimation or just simple ignorance, Command Brand offers a nugget of hope for disheartened housewives: 'The best way to avoid making a bodge job is simply to find an easier way to get the job done; seek out advice from the experts and use products and tools that save you time and effort.'
All this sound familiar? See if you can recognise your partner in the list of the most common DIY disasters:
The Top 10 Bodge DIY Jobs:
1. Vincent van NOT? Missing bit whilst painting.
2. Sense of direction: Drilling holes in the wrong place.
3. Butter fingers? Spilling paint on the carpet.
4. Halfway house: Failure to finish the job.
5. Willy Wonka: Wonky shelves.
6. Mr Know-It-All: Ignoring the instructions.
7. Check out confusion: Bought the wrong tool for the job.
8. No more nails: Collapsing pictures or shelves.
9. Bottoms-Up: Attaching things upside down.
10. Water works: Drilling through pipes.