Hot sunny days followed by long Summer nights are great fun, but the combination of the sun’s rays mixed with the make-up you apply for the evening’s entertainment can leave your skin feeling dry and uncomfortable.
The No.1 Traveller’s Spas Manager shares her top tips for summer beauty:
- Try using a good moisturiser and serum as a make-up base – it’s quick and easy to do and will hydrate your skin, giving you that flawless finish.
- My top tip is to always remove make-up before you fly to allow your skin to breathe. Use a muslin cloth as it’s extra gentle on your skin and easy to keep clean, and apply a face or eye mask after take-off to reduce dehydration and puffiness. Rodial’s Glamtox Eye Pen and Snake Serum Mask are quick, no-fuss ways to give your skin an in-flight lift.
- Jet-lag is often the bugbear of long-haul summer travel. In the days before, drink lots of water to keep your skin refreshed and take short, frequent naps to give your body an extra boost. In our No.1 Traveller spas we recommend a massage and facial as part of our Jet-Lag Revival Treatment to revitalise muscles, get your circulation moving and remove puffiness from your skin.
- There aren’t many people who enjoy a long flight, but there are ways to ease the effects of sitting for a long period on your body. My top tip would be to use a muscle gel to ease muscle tension such as the De-Stress Muscle Gel from Aromatherapy Associates, meaning you’ll arrive fresh and raring to go.
- Make beauty investments before jetting off on holiday to keep your beauty regime to a minimum whilst you’re away. Treatments such as the long-lasting GELeration manicure we offer in our No.1 Traveller travel spas give you that just manicured look for up to three weeks, leaving you free to relax and enjoy your well-earned summer break.
Reader will receive 50% off the following treatments for each lounge entry you purchase at full price:
· Shoulder Relief massage
· 25 min Core Revival massage
· 55 min Core Revival massage (only available at LHR)
Readers who wish to take advantage of the offer should call 08442 64 64 40 and quote “Female First Offer”.
Spa bookings must be made in advance for the offer to be valid. The offer is available for the Heathrow T3 and Gatwick North No.1 Traveller lounges.
The offer will be available until the 31st July 2012, for trips up until 31st December 2012.