The Look: Catwalk Fusion
The hair look at the Haider Ackermann S/S ‘13 show was Catwalk Fusion; shiny, graphic and immaculate.
“Haider Ackermann always creates clothes that make women both beautiful and handsome. He has the ability to bring out the male psyche of a woman in an incredibly chic way” said Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Care & Styling.
“I was inspired by the aesthetic of Japanese sumo hair which is incredibly precise with no room for error. I wanted to take this a-sexual graphic and create a hair look that was clean, ornate and minimal” added Eugene Souleiman.
The finished hair look was a 360 degree work of art which gave a graphic viewpoint from every angle.
Get the Look:
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Rough dry the hair, and when completely dry, starting from the crown and working forwards section by section, apply Wella Professionals Texture Touch Reworkable Clay into the roots of the hair pushing the hair direction up and back away from the face.
- Apply heat to each section as you go with a hair dryer (the heat will help to distribute the product).
- Continue this process through the back and the sides of the hair until the whole head is covered.
- Using a fine toothcomb to create tension, pull back into a high ponytail. Then take a soft bristle brush and spray Wella Professionals Super Set Finishing Spray to hold in place.
- Secure the ponytail level with the crown but tie 25cm away from the head. Use sectioning clips up the side of the head to help hold the style in place (these will be removed later). Spray the slick backed section and ponytail with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.
- At the ponytail binding push the loose tie into the head and secure in place with pins creating a “wing” at the top and bottom.
- Spray again with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray. Loop the first half of the ponytail backwards and pin to the ponytail base. Then take the remaining ponytail and loop again and tie to the base section (use pins if you need to secure in place). Spray with Wella Professionals Super Set Finishing Spray to eliminate any flyway hair to hold in place.
Femalefirst Taryn Davies