Cindy Crawford, Twiggy and Joan Collins are just a few of the stars who have let this man take care of their hair. Asgar has been perfecting his craft in the Daniel Galvin salon in London.
Here he shares his top tips to ensure that you always have good and healthy Hair.
· Wet & Dry: To ensure absolute protection to Hair where possible and to reduce unnecessary breakage make sure Hair is always completely wet before applying shampoo. On the other hand always make sure hair is properly dry before brushing. It is essential that hair is properly towel dried after washing, not only is this a brilliant time saving technique but it will prevent any excessive hair drying that can often cause unnecessary heat damage.
· Brushing and combing: Higher quality hair brushes increase the health of one’s hair. Brushes with a rubber base and boar’s head bristles cut down on the damage caused to hair. Always use a comb and not a brush when combing out wet hair; a wide toothed comb is the only thing that should be used on wet hair. Hair should always be combed from the bottom first; this will reduce hair breakage and pulling out any hairs which is often caused by rough tugs from a brush.
· Well washing: Shampoos cleanse dirt and oil therefore choosing the correct shampoo is essential and is all about the ingredients. Using lots of shampoo does not mean your hair is cleansed any better; one should only use the amount of 50p piece worth of shampoo. Conditioner acts to protect against heat damage and harsh brushing, therefore choosing one with a moisturising agent that will coat the hair leaving it tangle free comes highly recommended. Find a washing routine that suits you and stick to it. Stick to everything from frequency of washing, temperature of water and products used – this simple and strict regime is essential in maintaining healthy happy hair.
· Eating right: Plenty of Water and eating well are essential to healthy hair. A diet filled with high amounts of protein is so important for good hair growth, therefore be sure to include daily foods such as eggs, meat, fish, poultry & nuts. It is equally important to ensure there is plenty of iron in your diet and to cut down on alcohol, cholesterol and fats.
· Correct product use: It is essential to use products that are correct for your personal hair type and designed to resolve the issue in which you are trying to achieve. This will enable you to achieve more effective results in a quicker time span.
· Be face shape savvy: Choose a style that suits your face shape, a style that compliments your face will leave you looking great. Round faces are complimented best with soft gradual layers minimizing volume around the face. The key with a square shaped face is draw attention from an angular jaw by creating texture through curls or layers. Side swept fringes drawing attention to eyes are great for heart shaped faces. As well as a side swept fringe, bobs are great to keeping a heart shaped face balanced and long layers are a must. Long faces can be complimented with hair that is of a short to medium length softened with layers that fall around the face. People with oval shaped faces are believed to be able to get away with a variety of styles and are therefore encouraged to be adventurous and try a number of looks. Remember to have your hair cut regularly roughly once every 2 months to ensure hair is kept in its best condition and hair stylists are there to advise, so don’t be shy to ask for their opinion if you fancy something more adventurous than your usual look.