Marilyn Monroe will always be remembered for her impeccable style, famous curves and her natural beauty.
We've just seen the 50th anniversay of her death earlier this month and we wanted to share with you the tips on how to recreate her iconic look.
Starring in films such as Some Like it Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Somethings Gotta Give, Marilyn Monroe was best known for her unfailing beauty, her outstanding sexuality and her always perfect blonde curly locks.
Whether your Hair is long or short you can re-create the curls of true Hollywood class and perfection with the Classic Compact Rollers from Nicky Clarke.
- Using the brow of your eye as a guide, make a diagonal parting to just in front of the crown
- Take a triangular section half way up the parting and comb across to the top of the brown of the opposite eye – this is your fringe section.
- Apply Nicky Clarke Classic Compact Rollers
- For the front fringe section: bring hair out at 90° from the forehead and wrap the hair around the roller ensuring its flat, then keep on wrapping to the ends. Use the clips to hold in place.
- Continue to apply the heated rollers in small sections.
- Allow the rollers to cool, use a hair net if necessary and leave in for at least 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, gently take the rollers out and you will see a barrel curl fall down. Use a large wide tooth comb to comb the hair downwards.
- Place the large clips in the front of the hair around the face to accentuate the shape.
- Mist with hairspray and follow with a gentle comb through.
- Take the front clips out and there you have it – Hollywood icon eat your heart out!
Nicky Clarke Classic Compact Rollers £19.99. Available from Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Argos and www.nickyclarke.com/electricals
Femalefirst Taryn Davies