Nine Lives is set to be a family movie not to miss this week as Barry Sonnenfeld returns to the director's chair.
The movie sees Kevin Spacey lead an all-star cast. The Oscar-winner takes on the central role of Tom Brand, a daredevil billionaire businessman who finds himself trapped inside the body of his family's cat.
Spacey is joined on the cast list by Jennifer Garner, Robbie Amell, Malina Weissman, and Christopher Walken.
If you want to be in the know about this new feline comedy, we have some facts from the film for you to check out.
1. Mr. Fuzzypants is played by six different cats who are each trained to perform different tasks.
2. The cats included, Gene, the lead cat who plays Mr. Fuzzypants; Connery, who was called upon for action shots, and Yuri completed the dancing scenes.
3. The film's director Barry Sonnenfeld is severely allergic to cats and therefore requested for Mr. Fuzzpants to be a Siberian Forest cat as they're known to be hypoallergenic
4. To track down the right cat to play Mr. Fuzzpants the film team had to make lots of calls to Russia - from where the breed originates
6. Whilst the film is set in New York, Montreal was the location's stand in for filming
6. As Mr. Fuzzypants was the film's main star this heavily influenced the production design as camera angles, perspectives and look all needed to be taken into consideration. Production designer Michael Wylie notes "When you shoot something 12 to 14 inches tall, you're either going to be looking straight down at a floor, up at a person from the cat's point of view, or looking down at the cat from our point of view.
"So we spent a lot of time and money making amazing floors that are really intricate, shiny and beautiful. Barry said - and I agreed with him - that if we're going to spend time watching a cat run across a floor, it better be a really interesting floor. So we actually started the sets with the floors and designed up and around them."
7. The filmmakers didn't use as much CG as anticipated as the cats were so good at completing stunts
8. Barry Sonnenfeld had to get stitches on set after he tried to demonstrate to Jennifer Garner how he wanted her to leap the length of a sofa
9. It was Christopher Walken's love of cats which drew him to the film, he's always had cats and feels like this character Felix is a lot like him
Nine Lives is in UK cinemas 17th August