by Helen Earnshaw |
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 remained at the top of the U.S chart for a third consecutive week.
The movie took a further $16.9 million this week to hold onto the top spot - taking the total gross worldwide to in excess of $520 million.
There were no new entries inside the top ten this week but there was plenty of movement as four movies went up.
The Muppets remained at number two as they too $11.2 million in their second week on the chart.
But there was a two place rise for Hugo, the latest movie from Oscar winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese while Arthur Christmas stayed put at four.
Happy Feet Two fell two places from three to five to round off the top five this week.
There was no move for Adam Sandler's latest film Jack and Jill at six while The Descendants, which is hotly topped for Oscar nominations, was up two from nine to seven.
Immortals & Tower Heist moved up one place a piece this week to eight and nine while Puss In Boots fell two to finish at ten.
1. (1) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 - $16.9 million
2. (2) The Muppets - $11.2 million
3. (5) Hugo - $7.62 million
4. (4) Arthur Christmas - $7.35 million
5. (3) Happy Feet Two - $6 million
6. (6) Jack and Jill - $5.5 million
7. (9) The Descendants - $5.2 million
8. (7) Immortals - $4.39 million
9. (10) Tower Heist - $4.1 million
10. (8) Puss in Boots - $3.05 million