Paranormal Activity 3 has brought the reign of Johnny English Reborn at the UK box office to an end.
The third instalment to the popular horror franchise took over £3.4 million at the box office this weekend - over £1 million more that nearest rival Johnny English.
The Rowan Atkinson sequel slipped just one place this week to number two - taking a further £2million.
Contagion was a second new entry inside the top three at number three as Steven Soderbergh made a return to the big screen.
The Lion King 3D continued to enjoy huge success this week, despite slipping two places, as it took another £1.3 million.
The Disney classic has already taken in excess of £7 million at the UK box office alone and has enjoyed huge success in America.
Real Steel dropped just a single place to round off the top five while the The Three Musketeers fell three places from three to six.
We Need To Talk About Kevin, the latest movie from Tilda Swinton, was the third and final new entry inside the top ten this week at number seven.
Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy was down three at eight while Dolphin Tale was a two place faller this week at nine.
But Footloose was the biggest faller on the chart as it was down four places from six to ten.
1. (-) Paranormal Activity 3 - £3,405,036
2. (1) Johnny English Reborn - £2,052,062
3. (-) Contagion - £1,463,638
4. (2) The Lion King 3D - £1,356,217
5. (4) Real Steel - £842,597
6. (3) The Three Musketeers 3D - £585,506
7. (-) We Need To Talk About Kevin - £492,297
8. (5) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - £394,605
9. (7) Dolphin Tale - £364,921
10. (6) Footloose - £270,794
Tagged in Paranormal Activity