The Avengers easily held onto the top spot at the U.S. box office as it took a further $103 million in its second week of release.
Last week the latest Marvel offering became the first film to gross over $200 million in it's opening week and with more box office success this week it trounced the nearest competition.
Dark Shadows was the highest new entry at number two as Johnny Depp reunited with Tim Burton for the first time since Alice In Wonderland.
The movie took $28.8 million in it's first weekend on general release but could not compete with the might of Marvel.
The movie is a big screen version of the sixties sit com of the same name and while it has struggled with the critics it is doing well at the box office.
Think Like A Man was down on at three while The Hunger Games also fell a single place to four The Lucky On was a none mover at five.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits fell two places and out of the top five at number six while The Five Year Engagement was down one at seven.
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel shot up the chart this weekend as it jumped from sixteen up to number eight.
Chimpanzee was a none mover at number nine while Girl In progress was the second and final new entry inside the top ten this week at number ten.
1. (1) The Avengers - $103,163,000
2. (-) Dark Shadows - $28,805,000
3. (2) Think Like a Man - $6,300,000
4. (3) The Hunger Games - $4,400,000
5. (5) The Lucky One - $4,055,000
6. (4) The Pirates! Band of Misfits - $3,200,000
7. (6) The Five-Year Engagement - $3,100,000
8. (16) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - $2,650,000
9. (9) Chimpanzee - $1,624,000
10. (-) Girl in Progress - $1,350,000