Henry Cavill has joined the cast of 'Mission: Impossible 6'.
The 33-year-old actor will join Tom Cruise in the sixth instalment of the action movie franchise, after exchanging a series of comments on an Instagram post shared by the project's director Christopher McQuarrie.
Taking to the photo sharing app late on Thursday (16.03.17), the 48-year-old director posted a photo of himself standing on some rocks with the caption: "Say, @henrycavill. Had a thought. Curious if you're interested in a role in the 6th installment of Mission: Impossible. No pressure. (sic)"
Cavill then responded in the comments: "How can I say no to a man with such perfect hair..... (sic)"
McQuarrie quickly responded to the star to make sure he was well aware of the perilous tasks that he may be required to take part in as part of his new role.
He wrote: "@henrycavill excellent. Just a few caveats: must enjoy extreme heights, high speeds, motor vehicles of all varieties (especially aircraft), practical stunts, firearms, and sporadic exposition. All good? (sic)"
Cavill replied: "@christophermcquarrie only if I get to fly for real. (sic)"
McQuarrie then wrote: "@henrycavill I do believe I specified practical stunts. You in? (sic)"
And Cavill said: "Oh ok.....I'm in! (sic)"
To round off the public job offer, McQuarrie replied in a way that emulated the movie franchise in question, as he said: "@henrycavill Outstanding. Welcome aboard. Your social media account will self destruct in 5 seconds. (sic)"
'Mission: Impossible 6' will see McQuarrie return as director and writer after he previously made his franchise debut on 2015's fifth instalment 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation'.
The project will also see the return of cast members Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, and Jeremy Renner.
McQuarrie is producing alongside Cruise, Don Granger, J.J. Abrams and Skydance Production's David Ellison and Dana Goldberg.
'Mission: Impossible 6' is expected to hit theatres in July 2018.