LeeLee is making quite a stir on the music scene at the moment and she is about to release her new single Looks Good On You.
I caught up with her to chat about the new track as well as the album that is on the horizon.
- You are about to release your new single Looks Good On You so what can we expect from the new record?
Good vibes and lots of hot guys.
- There some pop elements in there as well as a bit of dance so how would describe the sound of the track?
I would describe it as pop with a little rock on it. Tomi Gunn played the guitar and he is AWESOME
- How have you found the response to the single?
Wonderful. Whenever i perform it people always dance. And i love that.
- The single was produced by Jimmy Klev so how did that collaboration come about?
We met through a gig i did for Baby Bash. I liked his sound so I asked him if he would work on my album with me. After that it was easy :)
- How did you find working with Jimmy and what did his experience bring to the track?
We matched very well-both bettering each other. He gave very good direction and had great ideas.
- Is there an album on the horizon and if so how does this new single introduce us to it?
Of course :) Its just a corner piece of the project which is so much more. There's electro and ballads. Its a story really.
- What does the album say about you as an artist?
That I'm a free spirt made by my experiences.
- You are signed to Daywalker Records/El Mariachis so how much freedom have they given you to record the music that you want? And how important is that creative freedom?
We decide everything together. They understand that my art is as important to me as it is to them.
I would say that the most important and best thing about our relationship.
- You have also been touring with Tinchy Stryder so how did you find that experience?
it was awesome. He's a great artist and very nice. Also met some other great artists as well.
- I was reading that you spend some time at the Las Vegas Academy so how did that prepare you for a music career? What is the one piece of advice that you took for there that has really helped you?
It made me the artist i am today. They taught me the meaning of hard work and gave me a lot to look forward to.
- Finally what's next for you?
Touring, concerts, tv, and radio takeover :D
The single is out now and available from iTunes
FemaleFirst Helen Earnshaw