Celia Sawyer, a business woman and mother of two, is the owner of the influential Knightsbridge interior design company cool10 luxury interiors. Celia was a celebrity judge on a recent competition to find the best boy’s and girl’s and most creative Baby’s room to celebrate the importance of Baby’s comfort when suffering with colic.
Here are Celia's Top Five Tips on how to create the perfect room for a baby:
1. COLOUR: Choose your colours wisely to promote a calm, tranquil and relaxing environment for yourselves and your Baby.
2. MUSIC: Add music to your baby’s nursery. Classical music is great for relaxing and nursery rhymes are fun for playtimes.
3. TEMPERATURE: Room temperature is the key to baby’s comfort and safety, invest in a good room thermometer to monitor this.
4. MAKE IT COMFORTABLE FOR MUM & DAD: Have a rocking chair for nursing, ideally an ottoman. Remember if you are comfortable and relaxed it will help your baby to be the same way.
5. AVOID CLUTTER: Ensure your nursery contains all the essentials but avoid clutter, floor space is really important for you to lay out with and play with your baby.
To celebrate the importance of putting infant comfort first, Colief Infant Drops launched the ‘Comfy Cribs’ competition to discover the UK and Ireland’s ultimate Most Creative Crib, Best Boy’s Crib and Best Girl’s Crib. The competition winners can be seen on the Colief Facebook page facebook.com/ColiefUKIE.
Share your nursery designing tips with us in the comments below or tweet us @FemaleFirst_UK
Shabana Adam @Shabana_FAM