We mean no disrespect to Robert Pattinson, we’re sure he’s a lovely bloke but when we heard that the beautiful Tom Hardy has come way down the list at 20, we were outraged so we’ve compiled a list of who we think to be the 20 Sexiest Men In The World and here they are:
1. Tom Hardy – The beautiful Lawless actor has shot to fame in recent years and is the reason we go to the cinema these days. He strikes the right balance of being incredibly masculine, yet humble and seemingly gentle. He also gets a bonus point for being the only man who can successfully wear a cardigan.
2. Chris Hemsworth – Yes, his accent in Snow White and the Huntsman may not have been the best thing we’ve ever heard but have you seen that body and face? His acting is pretty alright too.
3. Ryan Gosling – He has definitely earned his place in this poll. He stole our hearts in The Notebook and has continued to wow us with his acting talent, as well as those abs that he kindly flashed us in Crazy, Stupid, Love. Lucky, lucky Emma Stone.
4. Hugh Jackman – The promo picture for The Wolverine, that’s all that needs to be said.
5. Johnny Depp – He’s our favourite pirate and the fact that he’s 50 next year doesn’t put us off one bit. There isn’t a role that he plays that doesn’t turn to gold and is it so wrong that we still found him attractive as Barnabas Collins?
6. Michael Fassbender – He’s done a number of successful roles, his performance in Inglorious Bastards being one of our favourites but we have to confess that we liked him best in Shame, admittedly not solely due to his acting skills, if you know what we mean. His Irish accent deserves a mention due to the way it makes us melt every time we hear it.
7. Jeremy Renner – We’ve completely fallen in love with him of late. His roles in The Hurt Locker and Avengers Assemble pushed him into the spotlight but it was his lead performance in The Bourne Legacy displayed his talent brilliantly. He’s pretty easy on the eye too.
8. Ryan Reynolds – He may have just married the beautiful Blake Lively, but that wasn’t stopping us putting him on our list. Our favourite Ryan Reynolds moment has to be the balcony scene in The Proposal, if you haven’t watched it, you haven’t lived!
9. Ian Somerhalder – That cheeky grin and smouldering eyes are what do it for us when it comes to The Vampire Diaries star. Not only do his sculpted abs and dark hair make weak at the knees but he’s into animal rights bigtime – Awwwwwwww!
10. Robert Downey Jr – He’s won us over by his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes and although he can’t take Ricky Gervais’ jokes very well he’s certainly looking dashing for a 47-year-old.
11. Bradley Cooper - He's funny, brilliant looking and has a smile to die for. His cocky persona in The Hangover only made us love him more and the best thing about him? He looks delicious in a suit.
12. Liam Neeson – He may be 60 but boy do we love this man. Yes, he’s Irish and we love that too but what we love the most is his husky tone and that he has a very particular set of skills.
13. Gerard Butler – It’s becoming very clear that we have a thing for accents here in the FemaleFirst offices as Mr Butler’s Scottish accent makes us melt every time. He’s been a bad boy in Law Abiding Citizen and the loving husband in PS. I Love You but to be honest, we’d have him either way!
14. Jared Leto – He’s the handy man of Hollywood, having done everything from singing to acting to painting, all the while managing to look delicious. Has there ever been a 40-year-old this good looking? Possibly not.
15. Liam Hemsworth – Two Hemsworth’s in one poll might be too much for some people to handle, but not for us! The Hemsworth’s clearly have a healthy stock of the beautiful genes in order to have so many good looking siblings.
16. David Beckham – He’s Britain’s golden boy and it’s safe to say that we all flick through the magazines in hope to find one of his famous Armani underwear ads. When we’re not looking at his half-naked form we’re cooing over how cute it is that he takes his boys to basketball games.
17. George Clooney – Some people just get better with age and George Clooney is one of them. We found it slightly odd that he chose to advertise Nespresso coffee but that doesn’t mean that we didn’t rush down to their shop in hope of finding him behind the counter.
18. Adam Levine – This beautiful tattooed singer stole our hearts with She Will Be Loved and we’ve never looked back since. His songs are super catchy and he’s yummy, what more could you want?
19. Jason Statham – He’s the British bad boy we all have a soft spot for. He may be balding, but with that stubble, his gruff tone and the way he can handle a gun, it’s a small price to pay.
20. Daniel Craig – He’s the latest in the Bond franchise and despite many thinking that James Bond has now sold after changing his signature drink from a Martini to a Heineken we think it only makes him even more many. We also feel the need to remind you of those tight swimming shorts, you can thank us later.
There you have it, the FemaleFirst Top 20 Sexiest Men In The World 2012, is there anyone you think should have made the list but didn’t? Let us know your thought by commenting below or tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK. (Twilight fans, please refrain from spamming with hate messages. Thank you.)