Researchers took 2,000 men and asked them what they thought their fellow men should know. Ones that peaked our interest were 'knowing that when a woman says she is 'fine', she is actually not fine, what their partner's favourite drink is and 'when a woman says 'do what you want' she means the opposite.
We are glad to see that remembering their wedding and anniversary date is top on the list.
A spokesman for bookmakers William Hill said: " The results show the range of skills, facts and ways of thinking that we associate with the modern man.
"It shows a good blend of traditional values long associated with masculinity and the ability to master tasks that perhaps don't come as easily to the modern man as they might to the generation before them.
"Having confidence balanced with an attentive nature and, of course, a bit of sporting knowledge should set men up well when checking themselves against the list."
"Knowing your anniversary date or remembering to polish your shoes might seem like small things but they're obviously important to get right.
"Being handy and good at practical tasks is always going to help a man seem competent but a bit of sporting passion and knowing your stuff when it comes to the weekend's football clearly doesn't go amiss."
William Hill has revealed 50 things every man should know- take a look- can your man tick everything off this list? If not- has he got the important ones covered?
- His wedding anniversary date
- Basic DIY
- How to change a light bulb
- How to tie up a tie
- How to read a map
- His partner's favourite drink
- How to iron a shirt
- How to change a tyre
- How to wet shave correctly
- The right amount of aftershave to use
- How to change a fuse
- When a woman says "I'm fine" she is not fine
- How to put up a shelf
- How to polish his shoes
- How to give a confident handshake
- How many inches are in a foot
- When to accept defeat and apologise
- Know the offside rule
- The year England won the World Cup
- How to do his own laundry
- How to fix a bike puncture
- How to jumpstart a car
- How to parallel park
- The difference between ale and lager
- The best way to carve meat
- His own height
- How to drive in snow
- What wires represent earth, live and neutral
- How to introduce himself 30. His parents' address
- What the football scores were at the weekend
- How to light a BBQ
- When a woman says "Do what you want" do not do what you want
- How to change oil
- What the biggest recent football transfers are
- How to build a fire
- Which way is North
- How to use the contents of the toolbox
- How to tune in a telly
- How many miles are left after the petrol light appears
- How to fix a toilet
- How to put someone in a recovery position
- His personal alcohol limits
- Change a battery on a car
- How to get a car unstuck
- The words to the national anthem
- How to change a nappy
- How to perform CPR
- How to put up a tent
- Who are favourites to win the Premier League
tagged in Partner