Prince Harry and Meghan Markle celebrated the start of 2018 in the French Riviera.
The 33-year-old royal and his fiancée jetted off to Nice on a British Airways flight out of London's Heathrow airport on New Year's Eve (31.12.17), where they had a less than glamorous start to their celebrations when they were seated in economy class next to the toilets.
Harry and Meghan are said to have boarded the plane before other passengers, and were accompanied by "edgy and nervous" bodyguards who took up three rows of seats surrounding the loved-up couple.
When the plane landed in the French city, the pair were reportedly met by two heavily armed officers from the French border police, before being escorted through VIP area of the airport.
According to sources, Harry and his 36-year-old beau also had protection from France's elite Service de la Protection - the police unit responsible for the protection of foreign dignitaries - during their romantic getaway.
But the security wasn't requested by the pair, as an insider told the Daily Express newspaper: "No, it would have been offered and would have been non-negotiable. After what happened to his mother in this country and the issue of terrorism, it would be insisted on even for a private trip such as this."
It is believed that the flame-haired royal and the former 'Suits' actress will stay for several days at a private residence in the Riviera region, after having rung in the New Year at midnight on Monday (01.01.18).
The trip comes as one of their first romantic getaways since announcing their engagement late last year.
Harry and Meghan intend on tying the knot on May 19 this year, at a service held at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle.
Kensington Palace had announced in December: "His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales and Ms. Meghan Markle will marry on 19th May 2018. Today's announcement follows earlier confirmation of the month of the wedding and its location at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle."
Tagged in Prince Harry