Prince William, Prince Harry, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, have donated to a fund set up to help the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire which took place earlier this week.
The 27-storey block of flats was engulfed in a devastating blaze which left at least 17 dead, over 70 hospitalised and dozens of residents missing on Wednesday (14.06.17) after a faulty fridge exploded inside the building, and now the royal trio have shown their support for those affected.
Prince William, 34, his wife Catherine, 35, and his younger brother Harry, 32, have donated an unspecified amount to the Dispossessed Fund run by the Evening Standard newspaper, as a spokesperson said they were "keen" to offer "immediate support".
The Kensington Palace spokesperson said: "The tragedy at Grenfell Tower has left a number of local people in need of urgent assistance.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are pleased the Evening Standard's Dispossessed Fund has immediately swung into action. As residents of the local area, they are keen to offer their immediate support."
According to the Evening Standard, the total figure for donations is around £700,000, which includes £360,000 by 9,000 people via the JustGiving website and £200,000 given directly to the Dispossessed fund by 2,800 donors.
Major donations include £100,000 from cafe chain Pret a Manger and £10,000 from global law firm Allen & Overy.
A message on the fund's website reads: "Our thoughts are with all those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire. In support of the community at this difficult time, the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund has launched an appeal on behalf of residents. If you would like to donate to the appeal, please click below. The appeal and distribution of funds to victims in need of support will be run by The London Community Foundation."
Meanwhile, Prince Harry recently visited Borough Market to show his support after the recent terrorist atrocity which saw attackers drive a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before getting out of the vehicle and stabbing several revellers in nearby bars and restaurants on June 3.