Sissoko dismisses Spurs pressure

Sissoko dismisses Spurs pressure

Moussa Sissoko says he is not feeling any added pressure playing for Tottenham despite his £30million price tag.

Spurs forked out the hefty fee on deadline day two weeks ago after previously hoping Newcastle might reduce their asking price.

A late offer from Everton, however, forced them to meet the Magpies' demands and Sissoko signed a five-year deal to move to White Hart Lane.

The 27-year-old's switch represented a break from chairman Daniel Levy's transfer policy of targeting players aged 25 or younger, and not paying inflated fees.

Boss Mauricio Pochettino was desperate to inject some pace into his attack and Sissoko believes the transfer benefited all parties.

"For me it is the same. I don't have pressure," Sissoko said. "Newcastle asked for £30m, Tottenham paid it so that is good for me, good for Newcastle and good for Tottenham.

"Everyone is happy so that is the most important thing."

Everton were left disappointed after Sissoko looked set to to join them before Tottenham's late bid.

The Frenchman, who came on as a substitute against Monaco on Wednesday, said the chance to play in the Champions League swayed his decision.

"I spoke with Everton but when Tottenham came I wanted to join this club directly because it is a big club. Everything in my head was clear so I signed here," Sissoko said.

"I've played in the Europa League and World Cups, I wanted to play in the Champions League. So I said yes, I wanted to join this place.

"I'm very happy to be here. I need to work hard and be 100 per cent as soon as possible and help the team to win something and help them do well this season."