by Matt Shine |
The first test sessions on the Honda RC213V, at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia have proved satisfactory for the Spanish Team San Carlo Honda Gresini rider.
The 1000 Honda has improved and the prospects look good for the next set of testing at Jerez at the end of February.
I took another step forward today, improving my rhythm more than anything, and overall we have done a good job
The team were left feeling positive as the bike improved day on day during testing on the Malaysian track, both for Alvaro Bautista, and for the team.
Bautista completed 34 laps on the third and final day of this test, posting a time of 2’ 01” 384 before a heavy tropical shower brought the session to a premature end.
Alvaro Bautista (2’ 01” 384 – 34 laps)
“The first test is over and we come away with a positive feeling. I took another step forward today, improving my rhythm more than anything, and overall we have done a good job and established a good feel for the RC213V. Now we have a little time before the next test here at Sepang to process the information we have gathered here over the last three days. We need to get everything right for the next visit to Malaysia but I am happy, satisfied and confident about the future. The relationship with the team and with Honda is great and this will help us achieve results. I have to say the most impressive thing about the RC213V is the electronics, which delivers the power in such a linear and progressive way that you can really make the most of the 1000cc.”
1. Casey Stoner (AUS) Repsol Honda Team 1'59.607
2. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Yamaha Factory Racing 2'00.198
3. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 2'00.256
4. Ben Spies (USA) Yamaha Factory Racing 2'00.495
5. Valentino Rossi (ITA)Ducati Team 2'00.824
6. Hector Barbera (SPA)Pramac Racing Team 2'00.929
7. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Yamaha Tech3 2'01.108
8. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Yamaha Tech3 2'01.257
9. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Honda Gresini 2'01.384
10. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Team 2'01.729
11. Stefan Bradl (GER) LCR Honda 2'01.894
12. Karel Abraham (CZE) Cardion AB Motoracing 2'02.218
13. Katsuyuki Nakasuga (JPN) Yamaha Factory Racing 2'02.334
14. Franco Battaini (ITA) Ducati Team 2'03.033
15. Colin Edwards (USA) NGM Mobile Forward Racing 2'04.722
16. Ivan Silva (SPA) Avintia Racing 2'08.225
17. Robertino Pietri (VEN) Avintia Racing 2'09.640
18. Jordi Torres (SPA) Avintia Racing 2'10.184