If you've been dreaming of a white wedding, the 29th of February presented a rare chance to speed things along a little.
Although you'll have to wait another 4 years to pop the question on a leap year if you couldn't gather the courage this time, love could still be in the air for female proposers. According to a survey conducted by stag and hen party specialist Red7, 73% of British men would say yes if proposed to*, so what are you waiting for?
Courtesy of travel comparison site dealchecker.co.uk, we've gathered a list of 11 inventive, innovative and thoughtful locations to propose, to that are sure to suit every aspect of your man's personality - all you need to bring is a ring!
- For the traditionalists: Grotta Palazzese Restaurant - Polignano a Mare, Italy
If candles in wine bottles and red roses are the way to your partner's heart, this stunning dining location built into a sea cave is a sure-fire hit.
- For the thrill-seekers: Trolltunga - Odda, Norway
For a heart-stopping proposal that will impress even the bravest explorer, head to Norway's incredible Trolltunga cliff, suspended 700 metres above a rugged gorge.
- For the animal-lovers: Central Park Zoo - New York, USA
Take inspiration from the animal kingdom, and pop the question at Central Park Zoo in front of countless furry friends.
- For the historians: The Catacombs - Paris, France
If the love of your life is a fan of the past, why not make your own history by getting down on one knee in the eerily beautiful Catacombs of Paris?
- For the bookworms: Juliet's House - Verona, Italy
Bookworms will be bowled away by the originality of this proposal location - Juliet's balcony in Verona, the backdrop to Shakespeare's famous star-crossed romance.
- For the creatives: Theatre at the Ace Hotel - Los Angeles, USA
Unleash your inner thespian, and profess your undying love in this beautiful, quirky theatre in downtown LA.
- For the geeks: Robot Restaurant - Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo's Robot Restaurant is a tech lover's paradise, and the perfect place for a geek chic proposal.
- The grand-gesturers: The Meeting Place - London, UK
Create your own classic romcom scene and propose by proposing next to the bronze statue of embracing lovers at King's Cross Station.
- The foodies: Faviken Magasinet - Jarpen, Sweden
They say that the way to the heart is through the stomach, and a world-class meal at Faviken Magasinet is sure to elicit a 'yes' before you've even finished your appetiser!
- The adventurous spirits: Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve - Mount Cook Mackenzie, New Zealand
Lovers of the outdoors will go weak at the knees for a proposal under these star-studded night skies.
- The hipsters: La Iglesia Skate - Asturias, Spain
A breathtaking, converted church, La Iglesia Skate Park is a perfectly rendered masterpiece, just waiting to play host to the happiest moment of your life!
Read the full article here
Tagged in Travel