It may be cold and rainy outside but the island of Gran Canaria is spreading its sunshine warmth with some wellbeing tips to cope with the winter weather. The island's Wellness group, Gran Canaria Wellness share their advice:
- Splash about - On holiday we are always jumping into the healing sea waters, why not re-enact this activity at your closest pool? A simple concept with hugely beneficial properties, just half an hour of swimming a day boosts endorphins, gives you more energy and also tones you for your summer holidays… what's not to love?
- Gastronomic delights - mirror the Canaries style cooking and attempt to make something exotic at home! Sancocho which is served during fiestas in Gran Canaria is a special stew made from salted cod and sweet potato and is absolutely delicious. Try something different, cooking holiday style food can really get you feeling happy and creative whilst emulating your top holiday destination, easy way to improve your mood!
- Indulge yourself - make time to treat yourself like you would on a holiday. It is important to reward yourself at home as well as when you are away. Book in for a massage and feel the tension seep away, you will momentarily feel like you are on holiday.
- Skin foods - make like Gran Canaria Wellness Spas and awaken your senses with the healing properties of the Aloe Vera super plant. Most rich, moisturising body lotions and shower gels will comprise aloe due to the density of mineral and vitamins it contains. This wonder plant will improve your skin's health in the comfort of your own bathroom post shower or bath plus the scent will bring your senses into the holiday mood.
- Sensual senses - as spring approaches awaken your senses to all the new senses and surroundings in your garden, local parks or even the fresh herbs in your kitchen! Using a delightful coconut or summery perfumed lotion after your shower can uplift your mood for the whole day!
The Gran Canaria Spa, Wellness & Health Association can offer tailor-made packages to ensure that your getaway is all you dreamed of. The Spanish island of Gran Canaria enjoys a microclimate averaging 24 degrees all year round and boasts some of the best spas in Europe, with affordable prices. Anyone looking for a getaway to leave them glowing with good health and looking radiant will find all they need and more in Gran Canaria's luxury spa resorts.
To Book a spa holiday in Gran Canaria go to www.grancanariawellness.com