Summer holidays are just right around the corner and as the weather perks up so does our mood about them.
It's time to start planning your summer trip to a sunny place.
Before you get going though, you might want to read these tips from Save.co.uk on how to save Money before and during your holiday.
1. It’s not always best to book your ticket months in advance. Experts say to start Shopping about three months before your trip.
2. Factor in transportation to and from the airport when looking at fares to make sure you’re really getting a good deal.
3. Book your flight, hotel and hire car together. It saves time and in most cases, you get a discount when you bundle. Make sure to look for Travel site voucher codes on sites like Save.co.uk to save on booking.
4. Search all nearby airports to see what’s cheapest. For example, if you’re traveling to Milan, make sure to compare Bergamo and Milan airports.
5. Skip first class unless it’s for a special occasion. Make sure to select your seat when you book your ticket so you aren’t stuck in the middle seat in the back row by the loos.
6. Take advantage of hotel shuttle buses. Many hotels in holiday destinations offer Free or very inexpensive transportation to and from the airport via shuttle.
7. Pack smart to avoid a fee for checking a bag. Focus on packing layers and pieces that can be worn with multiple outfits. Don’t bring every pair of shoes you own – pare down your selections and just one pair of comfortable walking shoes and a nice pair for the evening.
8. Instead of spending a Fortune on travel-sized products every time you travel, buy reusable plastic bottles that you can refill. Make sure they meet cabin-baggage regulations (typically no more than 100ml).
9. Scope out daily deals for the city you’re traveling to. You can find great deals on entertainment, food and more.
10. Set a budget for your trip – and stick to it. It’s easy to get swept away with holiday fever but you’ll regret a shopping spree when you get Home and check your bank statement.