MyVoucherCodes have come up with some VERY interesting stats, most of which show that the UK are at a disadvantage again already this year if they're anything to go by! Check them out below:
- You're better off as a solo artist - Only 22% of past winners have been groups!
- Women fare better tan men - 82% of winners have been female!
- Pop stands tall - 85% of winners have been pop, with 53% of winners taking on a ballad. 5% of winners have been rock acts!
- Love rules - Eurovision fans love love! 71% of winning songs are about the topic.
- English is preferred - Since the ban on countries being required to sing in their national language, 90% of winners have chosen to sing in English.
- Age may be just a number - Sandra Kim won at just 13, whilst Dave Benton is the oldest winner, who was 50 during his duo win with Tanel Padar. Despite that, 65% of all winning contestants have been in their 20s at the time.
- A surprising stat - 94% of all winners over the last 59 years are Caucasian. Disappointing.
The Eurovision Song Contest 2016 final kicks off at 8pm on BBC One this Saturday, May 14.
Tagged in Eurovision Song Contest