Tonight (October 14) marks the return of The Apprentice on BBC One, and it's a corker of a show that kicks off the brand new series, with a mixture of egocentrics and OTT personalities with an inflated sense of self battling it out to become business partners with Lord Alan Sugar.
In episode one we'll see two teams go head-to-head in gaining the most profit from the lunchtime trade, following a visit to the fishmongers at 2.30am.
Here are just nine of the fantastic quotes from the series opener which truly reeled us in:
- "I'm sure you know of my reputation - I don't like people to suck up to me, because if I wanted to be loved I'd go to Tinder." - Lord Sugar
- "I'd like Illustrious, it's also a ship. Tomorrow we're going to the fishmongers, now that just says something. To me, it's kinda meant to be." - Charleine
- "I think I'm going to have to go down and have a lie down for a while, and put a cold towel on my head." - Claude
- "These city boys, they like to spend lots of money and I'm happy to take it." - April
- "I'm gonna make you fish finger team leader." - Selina
- "I'm going to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity... fresh fish!" - Mergim to a vegan restaurant
- "Gosh aren't you solid? Aren't you lovely?!" - Ruth with a potential customer
- "I've got some fresh fish fingers, I practically scuba-dived and got the fish from the sea." - Scott
- "It's a bit of a fishy story, this thing here." - Lord Sugar
The Apprentice starts tonight on BBC One at 9pm, with episode two following tomorrow (October 15) at 9pm on BBC One and weekly, Wednesdays on BBC One at 9pm thereafter.
Tagged in The Apprentice