Selasi Gbormittah, The Great British Bake Off’s break-out star and motorcycling banker, is here to help you reach for the beach this summer….from the comfort of your own back garden. Whether you are planning a family get together or spontaneously firing up the barbecue after a day at work, Selasi’s recipe will provide you with the inspiration to make meal times a true summer celebration.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wooden skewers (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in large bowl and marinade the squash and onions well.
- Prepare your grill and when hot enough, place the seasoned squash and onions on the hot plate side of your grill.
- Do not over crowd as it will take longer to cook otherwise.
- Grill for 20-25 mins and keep turning as you grill to distribute the heat.
- It's ready when soft to touch. Serve immediately in a large bowl with a sprinkle of extra sea salt (optional).