Prep 30 minutes
- Your Favourite RYVITA® Crispbread
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Olive Spread (or other vegan butter substitute)
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Chopped sage
- 1 Butternut squash (around 1.4kg)
- 1 tbsp Date syrup
- 1 1/2 Litres of vegetable stock
- Bunch of chives, snipped
- Cracked black pepper to season
This tasty recipe will make enough soup for four.
- Melt the oil and butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and sage, and gently cook until really soft – this should take about 15 mins.
- When the onions are beautifully caramelised tip in the butternut squash and cook for 5 mins, stirring continually. Add the honey and stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender.
- Let the soup cool a bit so you don’t burn yourself, then whizz with a hand blender until really smooth. Season to taste, adding a drop more stock or water if the soup is too thick.
- Sprinkle with chives and crumble up your favourite Ryvita Crispbread as croutons – we’ve used Dark Rye, but Sweet Onion, Black Pepper or any seeded variety would work just as well.
- Season with black pepper and enjoy.