Chocolate Covered Peanut Filled Banana Freezer Treats
- Bananas (approximately four for a CHOC Chico's kit)
- Peanut butter (or your favourite nut/seed butter)
- 1 CHOC Chick Kit or individual raw cacao butter and raw cacao powder
- Honey (optional)
- Peel the bananas and slice into bite sized pieces, about an inch long.
- Using an apple corer, hollow out the centre and place the pieces on a parchment lined baking tray that will fit in your freezer (if you don't have a tray that fits, then use parFreeze the banana pieces for 30 minutes.chment paper to make layers in a container. Freeze the banana pieces for 30 minutes.
- Remove the banana pieces from the freezer and fill them with peanut butter. You could pipe the filling in but it's fairly easy to spoon it in with teaspoons. Freeze the filled banana pieces for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your raw chocolate following the Simple Raw CHOC Recipe. The key to covering things with raw chocolate is to let the mixture cool right down before using as raw chocolate is quite thin.
- Make your raw chocolate in the usual way - honey is an optional substitution for Sweet Freedom here for sweetness as it matches the other ingredients well - and then remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes until the chocolate starts to thicken.
- Take your filled banana pieces from the freezer and dip - one at a time - in the chocolate mixture, coating all over and placing back on the parchment paper. Return your chocolate covered, filled banana pieces to the freezer for ten more minutes or until you're ready to serve them and enjoy!