Hands-on time: 20 mins
Hands-off time: 20 mins
For the sauce:
350g silken tofu
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1½ tbsp soy sauce
For the mushrooms:
400g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced (Button mushrooms will work too).
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
180g frozen peas
½ a lemon, juice of
For the pasta:
1 tbsp fine salt
320g dried linguine
Instructions1. To make the sauce, put the tofu, soy sauce and extra-virgin olive oil into a blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan or casserole dish sauté the mushrooms over a medium/med-high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the pasta, bring 2 litres of water to the boil with the salt. Add the pasta to the boiling water, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until just below al dente (around 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it cooking.
4. Add the garlic to the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes. Then add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the pasta to the mushrooms and peas and stir through until everything is hot. Pour the sauce all over and stir through thoroughly.
6. Add the lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
7. Serve in warm bowls and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of www.deliverdelicious.org to celebrate #WorldMeatFreeDay on June 12th.