For a mouth-wateringly Christmassy nibble that all your guests will love, these Christmas Canapes made with our Mushroom, Puy Lentil & Butter Bean Burgers and our Beetroot, Kale and Quinoa Burgers are simply divine.
1 Gosh! Mushroom, Puy Lentil & Butter Bean Burger
1 Gosh! Beetroot, Kale & Quinoa Burger
1 packet pre-cooked beetroot
1 sweet potato
1-2 Brussel sprouts (optional)
1 teaspoon allspice
Juice of half an orange
1. Peel and thickly slice the sweet potato and parsnip. Toss in a mixture of rapeseed oil, allspice and orange juice. Place on a baking tray and roast in oven (180C) for 40 minutes.
2. Cook one Mushroom, Puy Lentil & Butter Bean Burger alongside one Beetroot, Kale and Quinoa Burger in a preheated oven, according to the packaging instructions. Leave to cool, then cut into cubes.
3. Steam the Brussel sprouts for 7 minutes (or you can add to the tray of roasted veg 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time)
4. Remove the veg from the oven and the cooked beetroot from the packet. Cut into cubes, slightly smaller than the burgers.
5. Put a piece of burger and a piece of veg onto a cocktail stick. Alternate the flavours to make a beautifully colourful spread!