These wonderful Cabbage Parcels are such a fabulous gift to your taste-buds,
even Santa would be jealous. A twist on the traditional Mushroom, Puy Lentil &
Butter Bean Burgers, we've used them here as a rich and flavourful stuffing.
Olive or rapeseed oil
6 large cabbage leaves (savoy is best)
2 Gosh! Mushroom, Puy Lentil & Butter Bean Burgers
1 onion, finely chopped
100g Pre cooked Or cooked ( as per instructions on packet) basmati rice (white,
wild or brown)
50g fresh or frozen cranberries (or 25g dried cranberries - but make sure
they're sulphite free)
100ml Vegetable Stock
Juice of a ½ lemon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Method1. Heat the oven to 180C
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Carefully peel 6 of the largest leaves off the cabbage, and remove the tough stalk in the middle.3. Add the leaves to the boiling water and remove after just a minute (when the leaves are just starting to wilt). Drain, and immediately run under cold water.
Pat dry with kitchen towel and leave to one side.4. Take the Mushroom, Puy Lentil & Butter Bean Burgers from the fridge, remove
from the packet and roughly chop into small pieces about 2cm big (smaller is fine, but not much bigger).5. Heat olive or rapeseed oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and heat for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the cooked rice and heat for a further couple of minutes until rice is coated in oil and glistening.
6. Turn off the heat, add in the chopped burgers and the cranberries. Stir well.
Season with salt and pepper.7. Divide the rice mixture into 6 roughly equal portions (they can stay in the pan like this).
8. Take a large oven proof dish with a flat bottom (a rectangular shaped one is best) and spread a little olive or rapeseed oil on the base.9. One by one, spoon a portion of rice mixture into each cabbage leaf. Fold the leaf
so that it looks like a parcel (tucking in each corner) and join with a cocktail stick. Place in the oven dish with the join side down.10. Make the stock and mix in the lemon juice and maple syrup.
11. Pour the liquid over the cabbage parcels.
12. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes until the sauce reduces, but the cabbage leaves are still green.13. Serve for 2-3 people as a main course, with roast potatoes, parsnips and lots of