Gluten-Free, Dairy-free & Vegan
This low carb, grain-free version of the classic Indian side dish sings with vibrant Pilau spices and is ready quicker than you can order a takeaway.
This recipe uses Fullgreen™ Cauliflower Rice (100% Cauliflower)
Serves 2 as a side dish
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 x 200g pouch of Fullgreen’s Cauliflower Rice
- Vegetable oil (we prefer sesame oil for this recipe)
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped (any colour will do!)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 70g frozen peas
- Handful of sultanas
- (Optional) flaked almonds
- Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the diced onion until soft. Add the carrot and bell pepper and continue to cook.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add all the spices and garlic. Sauté until the spices are heated through and fragrant.
- Add frozen peas and sultanas.
- Add a little water to prevent sticking and to help create a smooth, sauce-like consistency.
- Pour 200g of Cauli Rice into the pan and stir until it is coated in the spice mix.
- Cook for a further 2 ½ minutes – or until properly heated through.
Serve alongside a traditional homemade curry or your Saturday night takeaway. You may never eat Basmati rice again!
Brown the flaked almonds in an oil-free pan, over a medium heat. When they are lightly coloured, sprinkle them over your pilau rice. They’ll add a bit of crunch and a delicious nutty flavour.