Are you trying to reduce your sugar intake, but can’t face giving up cake? Well Lizi’s Granola is here to help! Try this delicious Low Sugar Granola Vegan Banana Bread. Not only is it utterly scrumptious, it’s also a great way to get rid of those over ripe bananas you haven’t got round to eating.
Makes: about 8 slices
2 large ripe bananas - mashed
110g unsalted vegan butter – softened
160g caster sugar
225g self raising flour
A handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola
A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Method:1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Butter and line a 900g loaf tin.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Using an electric beater, cream the vegan butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the banana, flour, Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola and a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well with a wooden spoon, then pour the mixture into the tin
5. Bake for around 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Check by inserting a skewer into the centre of the cake – it should come out clean.
6. Cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lizi's Granola.