30 minutes/428 calories/Gluten free
Macros P: 17g / C: 30g / F: 29g
300g firm tofu (soya)
1 fresh lemongrass stalk
2 garlic cloves
4cm fresh ginger
100g tenderstem broccoli
200ml coconut milk
1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
1⁄2 tsp tamarind paste
1 red chilli
10g flaked almonds (nuts)
Sea salt & black pepper
Coconut oil / olive oil
1) Trim the ends of the lemongrass and finely chop. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim the ends of the tenderstem and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2) Peel the carrot and trim the root end. Prepare the carrot noodles using a peeler and slice the carrot into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one). Drain and rinse the tofu, cut into 2cm cubes.
3) In a frying pan, heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the tofu for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
4) Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 200ml boiling water.
5) Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil. Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 mins, then add the tenderstem and fry for a further 3 mins. Then add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, tamarind paste and carrot noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Then stir the tofu into the laksa soup.
6) Spoon the laksa soup into a warm bowl and scatter over the flaked almonds and the sliced red chilli