Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
Use this recipe as a blueprint, adding tofu (to keep it vegan), a fried or poached egg, or prawns or shredded chicken to finish. It makes a great packed lunch, so keep any leftovers in the fridge for the next day.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 250g quinoa, rinsed
- 200g essential Waitrose radishes, finely sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1⁄2 essential Waitrose cucumber, deseeded and sliced into batons
- 5 essential Waitrose salad
- 30g drained sushi ginger, shredded, liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 sheets nori seaweed, snipped into shreds
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 3 tbsp liquid from the sushi ginger
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
Method1. Cover the rinsed quinoa with 620ml water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is just cooked; set aside.
2. To make the dressing, shake the miso, sushi ginger liquid, sesame oil and 2 tbsp water together in a lidded jar with
a generous grind of pepper.3. Divide the cooked quinoa among bowls and top with the radishes, avocado, cucumber, salad onion, sushi ginger and sesame seeds. Spoon the dressing over to serve and finish with the shredded nori.