by NOSH DETOX - UK's first home detox and weight-loss delivery service
Recipe for 2 Servings:
1 large ripe banana
Airtight, freezer-safe container
Small food processor
1) Start with ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
2) Peel the bananas and slice: shape or size doesn't matter as long as they are chopped up into evenly sized and somewhat small pieces.
3) Put the bananas in an airtight container: A freezer-safe glass bowl or a freezer bag.
4) Freeze the banana pieces for at least 2 hours
5) Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender: Pulse the frozen banana pieces.
6) Keep blending - the banana will look crumbly: At first, just scrape down the food processor and keep blending till it gets gooey and mushy.
7) Keep blending - it will get smoother but still have chunks of banana in it. Scrape down the food processor.
8) Ice Cream Alert! Suddenly just as you are about to give up you'll see the mixture shift from blended banana to creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture. If you want to add in any flavours or tastes, now's the time.
9) Transfer back to container and freeze until solid: Like traditional ice cream.
Some Ideas for flavours:
Crunchy peanut butter
Agave or honey
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger
The multi-award winning Nosh Detox products are freshly made and nutritionally supported by experts and delivered across Europe & UK. Nosh Detox develops food and juice programmes that address a multitude of health and well-being issues, from treating problem skin, to weight issues, digestive problems to coping with stress and building the body's natural defences to fight infections. Clients include Gwyneth Paltrow, Georgia May Jagger and Poppy Delevingne.
More information on Nosh Detox can be found here - www.noshdetox.com