Serves: 4 as an accompaniment or 2 as a vegetarian main dish with sticky rice
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 aubergines
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Turmeric
- 3-4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Thai Taste red chilli paste
- 60g Thai Taste yellow curry paste
- I pack Thai Taste light coconut milk
- ½ jar Thai Taste Pea Aubergines
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- a little red chilli to garnish
- Cut the aubergines into 2 cm chunks and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry half the aubergine for 2-3 mins until golden. Set aside, wipe out the pan to remove any burnt spice, then add another 1 tbsp oil and fry the rest of the aubergine. Set aside
- Wipe out the pan and add the shallots, fry for 2-3 mins, then add the chilli paste, curry paste and the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, add the fried aubergines and pea aubergines. Cook 5 mins then stir in most of the kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve topped with shredded kaffir lime leaves and a little chilli.
*Tip if you can’t find fresh kaffir lime leaves, use Thai Taste kaffir leaves instead