Great for: Fibre, protein, essential fatty acids, B-vitamins and plant-based omega 3 - so you can count on improved digestion as well as healthier hair, skin and nails. How’s that for a dish that’s chock-full of benefits?
For two servings, you’ll need:
100g bulgur wheat
4 asparagus spears
2 spring onions
A handful fresh peas
2 slices of rye bread
1 tbsp olive oil
A small handful of fresh mint
A small handful of fresh parsley
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax
Salt and pepper
25g pomegranate molasses
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and place two pans of water on the hob to boil.
- Add the bulgur wheat into one pan and cook for about 15 minutes until tender.
- While the bulgur wheat is cooking, slice the asparagus into half-centimetre chunks (leaving the heads intact), and finely slice the spring onions and radishes into discs.
- Add the asparagus and peas into the second pan of boiling water and cook until tender for about five minutes.
- Slice the rye bread roughly into two-centimetre chunks and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toast in the oven for two minutes until they become crispy croutons.
- Drain the bulgur wheat, asparagus and peas and prepare to assemble!
- Roughly chop the parsley and mint leaves and tip into a clean bowl with the bulgur wheat and lemon juice. Mix them all together..
- Add the Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax and spring peas to the bowl and stir through once more before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip the mix onto a serving dish and top with the chopped radish, spring onion asparagus and peas.
- Garnish with a scattering of the pomegranate molasses and rye bread croutons.