1 Bay leaves
2 Cardamoms, ground
3 Large onions, finely chopped
1tsp Garlic clove, finely chopped
Small tin of peeled tomatoes
½ tsp turmeric
2 tsp coriander, ground
½ tsp cumin, ground
2 green chilis, chopped length ways
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan until very hot and fry bay leaf, cloves and cardamoms for 1-2 minutes. Add onions and fry until lightly browned, stirring briskly.
- Add ginger and garlic to produce a rich, brown mixture, adding a little water to produce a smooth consistency.
- Add tomatoes to mixture and cook until oil seperates. Add turmeric, ground coriander, chilis and cumin. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and salt to taste. Add water to cover cauliflower. Cover pan and simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until cauliflower is soft). You should aim to have a sauce with a rich consistency.
- Serve and garnish with coriander.