Recipe courtesy of Nosh Detox.
2 tbsp olive oil
small bunch thyme
2 bay leaves
2 small onions, chopped
1 fat garlic clove, chopped
1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
1 large potato, chopped
1l veg stock (check the label to ensure its vegan)
100ml soya cream
50g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp truffle oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a low heat.
- Tie the thyme sprigs and bay leaves together with a piece of string and add them to the pan with the onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 10 mins until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then tip in the celeriac and potato. Give everything a good stir and season with a big pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 20 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Discard the herbs, then stir through the cream, remove from the heat and blitz until completely smooth.
- Season and add truffle oil for decoration and enjoy.