Cooking Time: 30 mins Prep time: 1 hour 0 mins
For the cake
Cooking oil spray for greasing
540g plain flour
600g caster sugar
9 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp fine salt
225g coconut oil
4 tbsp Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce
2 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
650 ml water
For the buttercream
500g icing sugar
5 tbsp cocoa powder
200g dairy-free margarine
6 red chillies, finely sliced, to decorate
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line three 9 inch springform tins with baking parchment and spray with cooking oil.
2) Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
3) Using an electric whisk on a low speed, beat in the coconut oil, Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce, vinegar, vanilla extract and water until the batter is smooth and shiny.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5) To make the buttercream, sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl and slowly beat in the dairy-free margarine with an electric whisk at a slow speed, until the buttercream is smooth and creamy. Leave in the fridge until needed.