Serves: 4 Cooking Time: 15 min
- 4 apples
- 4 pop cake sticks
- 60g hazelnuts
- blitzed for up to a min to crush them (2 large handfuls)
- 3 tbps chia seeds
- Edible eyes (you can find them in the baking aisle.
- For the caramel:
- 6 medjol dates
- 63g Nush almond yogurt (1/2 a small pot)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Pinch of salt
- Make the caramel. De-stone the dates and add them to a food processor with an S blade alongside all other ingredients for the caramel (Nush, vanilla paste, and pinch of salt). Blitz for 2-3 min until you have a smooth paste. It will look like caramel and the taste is unbelievable.
- Take the stem of the apples and give a wash and dry. Push the pop stick down in the place where the stem was until you get it through in the core. You will have to be forceful so hold the pop cake stick from halfway down to ensure you are not bending it. Brush the apples all over with the date caramel. Be fairly generous.
- Mix the crushed hazelnuts with the chia seeds. Holding the apples from the stick, roll them in the nut and seed mixture until coated all over. Using your finger, exposing a bit of the apple skin where you would like to place the eyes. Brush the small roundels with extra caramel and stick the edible eyes. Repeat for all other apples. You can consume straight away but they will keep for a couple of days as it is only fruit, dried fruit and nuts. Best kept chilled.