- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 red Del Monte® onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds (kalonji or nigella)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Del Monte® tinned Pineapple
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 250g soft light brown sugar
- 175ml cider vinegar
- Sterilised jars
- Firstly, heat the oil in a large thick-based pan.
- Next, add the onions and spices to the pan and cook lightly for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Next add your remaining ingredients: 2 Del Monte® tinned pineapples, red chilli, ginger, light brown sugar and cider vinegar.
- Season accordingly, and let simmer for 1 hour until the mixture is dark golden and thick, stirring regularly.
- Finally pour the mixture into sterilised jars and allow to the mixture time to cool before covering.
For more recipes using Del Monte products, please visit http://delmonteeurope.com/recipes.htm