Recipe courtesy of Dove's Farm.
Oven 190ËšC/Fan 170ËšF/375ËšF/Gas 5
225g stoned dates
250ml boiling water
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda, Free From Gluten
225g vegan butter
200g soft brown sugar
3tbsp chickpea flour + 6tbsp water (egg replacer)
225g Self Raising Flour, Free From Gluten
3tbsp black treacle
- Chop the dates into a bowl add the bicarbonate of soda and stir in the boiling water. When cold blend until smooth.
- Put the vegan butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat until smooth, beat in the chickpea and water.
- Beat in half the flour then the treacle followed by the remaining flour.
- Add the cold date puree and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between three parchment lined 20cm/8" round cake tins.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35/40 minutes.
500g 400g vegan cream cheese +100g vegan cream
200g 100g cashew nut butter + 100g icing sugar + 2tsp vanilla extract
- Put the 'mascarpone' into a bowl and loosen it with a fork.
- Break the 'chocolate' into another bowl and microwave on full power for 50 seconds. Stir gently to ensure all is melted.
- Stir the 'chocolate' into the 'mascarpone'.
- Divide the mixture between the three cold sponges, smoothing it out to the edges.
- Pile the cake layers on top of each other.
- Chill the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes before adding the topping.
150g brown sugar
100g vegan cream
100g vegan butter
- Put the sugar, vegan cream and butter into a pan, bring to a vigorous foaming boil and cook for 90 seconds while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir to cool until almost set.
- Spoon the syrup gently on to the top of the cake, allowing a little to dribble down the sides.