Preparation time: 30 mins
For the quick pickled radishes:
1 small red onion
50ml rice vinegar
For the falafel:
1 400g tin of chick peas, drained
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp ground cumin
80g California walnuts, toasted (plus a few extra halves to garnish)
Medium bunch of coriander (reserving a few leaves for garnish)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pouch of pre-cooked quinoa
2 tsp olive oil
4 tbsp hummus
2 handfuls of green salad leaves
1 piece of flatbread, toasted
- To make the radish and onion pickle, peel and finely slice the red onion and thinly slice the radishes. Place into a small bowl.
- Zest and juice the lime and add to the bowl along with the rice vinegar. Put to one side whilst you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, walnuts and coriander into a food processor and blitz until the mixture comes together.
- Roll into 8 walnut-sized balls and flatten each ball slightly. Add the olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Heat the quinoa as per the packet instructions. Split between two large bowls and drizzle each with olive oil, stirring through to combine.
- Top each bowl with the falafel, hummus, pickled radish and salad leaves. Sprinkle each bowl with the reserved walnuts and remaining coriander leaves and serve with warm flatbread.