Smoothies have long been a breakfast staple, but why should all the fun be had in summer? With the cold winter months quickly wrapping us in its icy embrace, now is the perfect time to re-evaluate your healthy breakfast routine.
- 1 large apple (150g)
- 150ml almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. oats (can use gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Protein+ Flaxseed, Bio Cultures, Vitamin D & Co-Enzyme Q10
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 150ml hot water
- Combine the ingredients (minus water) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and add the hot water.
- Gently warm until the desired temperature and transfer to a glass.
- Notes: Vegetarian/Dairy Free
The Linwoods organic Hemp Protein+ range is available in outlets across the UK and Ireland. The 360g packs can be ordered online from the Linwoods website, Holland and Barrett online, and a number of independent health food stores, priced from £16.99.