Ashley Judd And Dario Franchitti would have celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary today so we share some things you might not know about the former couple.
1. The pair got engaged in December 1999, while Franshitti was driving in the Champ Car World Series.
2. They finally tied the knot on 12th December 2001 at Skibbo Castle in Scotland, which was the same castle that Madonna and Guy Ritchie got married in earlier in the year.
3. They pair never had any children; Judd told the Sunday Mail that "it's unconscionable to breed with the number of children who are starving to death in impoverished countries" (Wikipedia)
4. On 29th January 2013, Judd and Franchitti announced that they were separating, however were still on good terms.
5. They issued the following statement; "We have mutually decided to end our marriage. We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity and respect we have always enjoyed." (PEOPLE)
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.