Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas celebrate their 17th wedding anniversary today so we reflect on their time together as husband and wife.
1. Jones met Douglas at the Deauville Film Festival in August 1998 after Danny De Vito introduced them.
2. The couple, who share the same birthday (25th September), just 25 years apart, began seeing each other in March 1999.
3. They got engaged not long after on 31st December 1999 in Apsen, Colorado.
4. Jones and Douglas finally married in the Plaza hotel in New York City in 18th November 2000, only a few weeks after Douglas' divorce was finalised.
5. Due to Zeta Jones' routes, they had a Welsh choir at their wedding and Welsh gold rings with a Celtic motif that they bought from Aberystwyth.6. The BBC called it 'the wedding of the year' and it reportedly cost around £1.5 million.
7. The couple signed a £1 million deal with OK! magazine to release pictures of the event, and the rest of the press were not permitted to enter.
8. People magazine announced in August 2013 that the couple had been living apart since May 2013 allegedly to cope with the stress of separate illnesses, however no legal proceedings had taken place to begin their divorce.
7. On November 1st it was found that Jones had moved back in with Douglas into their New York apartment. Douglas stated that they were "stronger than ever". (Wikipedia)
9. The couple have two children together; Dylan Michael (8th August 2000) and Carys Zeta (20th April 2003).
10. The family lived in Bermuda until 2009, and since 2016 they've lived in rural New York State.
Happy Anniversary Michael and Catherine!