Daniel Day Lewis and Rebecca Miller celebrate their 21st wedding anniversary today, so we reflect on their time together as husband and wife with some things you might not know about the couple.
1. In 1996, Lewis was working on a film version of the play The Crucible. He paid a visit to playwright Arthur Miller and met his daughter Rebecca Miller for the first time.
2. They married later that year on November 13th.
3. Lewis starred in the Rose and the Snake, co-written and directed by his wife Miller.
4. She allegedly convinced him to take the role in the film; which he had considered before; 'I was, as always, wary of taking on the role. This was a man whose soul was torn, and once you've adopted that kind of internal conflict, it's difficult to quiet.' (IMDB). The movie was later renamed The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005).
5. They have two sons together Roan Cal (1998) and Cashel Blake (2002).
6. Miller is also stepson to Gabriel Kane Day-Lewis (born in 1995) from his previous relationship with Isabelle Adjani.
7. The spouses have homes in both Ireland and New York City.
8. Lewis is notoriously private about his personal life but when asked about his marriage, he said; 'Since we got married 16 years ago, my wife has lived with some very strange men. But luckily, she's the versatile one in the family and she's been the perfect companion to all of them.' (IMDB)
Happy Wedding Anniversary Daniel and Rebecca!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.