Discover a whole host of historic charm.
Home to a wealth of history and culture, and close to the stunning East Anglian coastline, Cambridgeshire is the ideal destination for those looking to escape with their loved one. From exploring the charming city of Cambridge, to raising a glass to the start of married life at the Cambridge Gin Laboratory, there’s something to suit all newlyweds.
Here are just ten reasons why you’ll be saying “I do” to Cambridgeshire:
- Home to one of Britain’s most iconic universities and a wealth of stunning architecture, Cambridge is ideal for those in search of culture.
- As the main river that flows through the historic city of Cambridge, you can take a romantic punting tour or simply enjoy a picturesque stroll.
- Discover the array of aviation history at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford.
- Learn all about Oliver Cromwell and see collections exploring the life of the political and military leader with a visit to the Cromwell Museum in Huntingdon.
- Home to an array of rare and exotic creatures, Linton Zoo allows you to get up close and personal with the animals in its 18-acre gardens and woodland.
- With its unique octagonal lantern tower, Ely Cathedral is a must-see, with beautiful architecture and history.
- Be at one with nature with a visit to the Cambridge University Botanic Garden, which boasts over 40-acres of stunning gardens and glasshouses filled with plants from across the world.
- If you appreciate a small tipple, then take a trip to The Cambridge Gin Laboratory to learn about its history and sample some award-winning gins.
- With the east coast in easy reach, Cambridgeshire has the best of both worlds.
- Thanks to cottages.com you’re in for a memorable stay, with an array of cottages to choose from in its Romantic Collection!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon