Though the UK is full of picturesque locations that would be perfect for a honeymoon, nothing can quite provide the same backdrop for newlyweds’ first break as husband and wife as Devon. With two national parks, a rugged coastline and panoramic views that ooze romance, where better to go to celebrate the start of married life with a flute or two of champagne?
Sharing ten reasons why it’s the ideal honeymoon destination, cottages.com will help you fall in love with the county and almost as much as you love each other!
- With some of the best coastlines in the UK, you can enjoy plenty of romantic strolls along the beach. With secluded coves and unspoilt bays, there’s something for everyone.
- Boasting two national parks, Devon is an ideal choice for those who want to escape to the countryside. With breath taking views wherever you look, it’s the perfect place to wind down after all the excitement of the wedding.
- With a wealth of foodie hotspots available – indulge in top-class food from restaurants including Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage Canteen and other Michelin-star favourites.
- Home to countless picturesque villages and market towns along the coastline, meander along cobbled streets and discover the local harbours.
- If it’s culture you’re looking for, Devon isn’t short. Famously home to Damien Hirst’s Verity, which overlooks Ilfracombe harbour, The Devon Guild of Craftsmen in Bovey Tracey, Exeter RAMM, and Plymouth City Museum and Arts Gallery are just a couple of attractions that are sure to provide an inspiring day out for the both of you.
- There’s nothing more romantic than a boat trip, and Devon has a host available for you to choose from, allowing you to relax on the water and see the county from another angle.
- Home to the Southwest Coastal Path, Devon has countless walking opportunities waiting for you to explore. Take a pack up, select a route and make the most of the great outdoors.
- If you’re one for adventure, Devon is home to some of the best surfing spots the country has to offer, helping to make your honeymoon even more unforgettable.
- With so many scenic views in Devon, you’re sure to capture those picture-perfect honeymoon snaps.
- With a selection of properties included in its Romantic Collection, newlyweds’ need look no further than cottages.com to find a property perfect for them.
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon